Regents' Waiver of Non-Resident Tuition fees for International Students
Under certain circumstances, GPC can allow international students to pay in-state tuition for one semester. There are four types of fee waivers.
- Academic Merit
- Special Circumstances
- Membership in the International Peer Assistant Program (IPA)
- F1 Status Graduate of Georgia Tech Language Institute’s Level 700, Georgia State University’s Final Level, or Mercer University’s Level 6
In all cases, the student must APPLY for the fee waiver before the deadline date for each semester a waiver is requested.
Fall Semester July 30
Spring Semester December 3
Summer Semester April 14
Waiver applications will not be accepted after the posted application deadline. Georgia Tech Language Institute graduates must submit their waiver applications with their applications for admission.
- You must be in valid F1 status and hold a current I-20 issued by Georgia Perimeter College.
- Eligibility for non-resident tuition waiver is valid for one term only. Once the waiver is granted, students must apply each subsequent term to maintain their waiver status.
- All applicants must sign and return the waiver application by the deadline indicated below.
- Current students seeking the waiver must have been enrolled at Georgia Perimeter College on a full-time basis (minimum 12 semester academic hours) as an F-1 student for two full semesters after having existed English as a Second Language (ESL) and/or Learning Support OR have completed one full-time semester (minimum 12 semester academic hours) after having exited English as a Second Language (ESL) and/or Learning Support and have accumulated a minimum of 24 semester hours of academic credit.
- Academic merit is based on a 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (see College Catalog) earned on a full course of study as defined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Waivers are granted at the end of the current term after grades are posted. Waivers applicants will not receive written notification of application outcome.
- Fee waiver approvals or denials will be confirmed upon registration and fee payment at which time the appropriate tuition fee rate will be assessed.
- Fee waiver applicants are expected to adhere to Georgia Perimeter College fee payment deadlines.
Reasons for this category of waiver of non-resident fees may include:
- Economic crisis in your home country
- Political crises in your home country
- Natural Disasters in your home country
You must 1) complete the waiver application by the deadline indicated above, and 2) be able to document that the crisis was both sudden and unforeseen. Explain in detail on a separate sheet of paper and document any differences between the information provided in this application and the financial documentation that you provided to receive a form I-20 from Georgia Perimeter College. State briefly why a waiver of non-resident fees is requested. Include any reference to contributions you have made to the Georgia Perimeter College student community. Special Circumstances waver is valid for one term only, and may not be granted in subsequent terms.
International Peer Assistant Waiver
- You must be in a lawful immigrant or non-immigrant status that allows for study in a degree program.
- You must be an active member of the International Peer Assistant Program
- You must have a minimum 2.50 Cumulative Grade Point Average
- You must sign and return the waiver application by the waiver deadline indicated above.
Georgia Tech Language Institute, GSU Intensive English Program, Mercer University English Language Institute Waiver
- You must be in valid F1 status and hold a current I-20 issued by Georgia Institute of Technology – Language Institute, Georgia State University’s IEP, or Mercer University’s ELI.
- Eligibility for the non-resident tuition waiver is valid for one term only. Additional terms available only through one of the other methods listed above.
- You must sign and return the waiver application with your application for admission before the application deadline.
- You must have successfully completed Level 700 of the Georgia Tech Language Institute, Georgia State University’s IEP, or Mercer University’s ELI with a grade of “C” or better.
- You must have been accepted as a transfer student by Georgia Perimeter College.